A selection of projects prof. Penninx is involved in:
- Scientific Director of the Netherlands Study of Depression and Anxiety (NESDA): www.nesda.nl
- Phenomics 2.0: proof of principle for Major Depressive Disorder (principal investigator). Joined project with department of Biological Psychiatry VU (NTR). Post-doc: Mariska Bot. Funding: BBMRI-NL: Biobanking and Biomolecular Resources Research Infrastructure.
- Understanding the heterogeneity of Major Depression (Hetodep) (principal investigator). Post-doc: Femke Lamers. Funding: European Commission (FP-7 Marie Curie program).
- Epigenetics of Major Depressive Disorder (co-applicant). Funding: NIMH
- Genetics and lifestyle origines of Inflammation in Depression (GLOID) (principal investigator). Post-doc: Sarah Hiles. Funding: European Commission (Horizon2020 program).
- MOod Treatment with Antidepressants or Running (MOTAR): www.motar.nl,
- Nutrition intervention study (MooDFOOD): www.moodfood-vu.eu
- Vitamine D suppletion study (D-vitaal study): www.dvitaal.nl
- RADAR-CNS: Remote Assessment of disease and relapse in central nervous system disorder (EU-IMI2) https://www.imi.europa.eu/content/radar-cns
- PRISM: Psychiatric Ratings using Intermediate Stratified Markers, focussing on social withdrawal (EU-IMI2) https://www.imi.europa.eu/content/prism
Watch Brenda Penninx explain her research about the possible link between depression and biological ageing: http://fastfacts.nl/content/brenda-penninx-depressie-en-telomeren